Why Alpacas as an Investment?
Owning and Breeding alpacas present many opportunities for financial and personal benefits. Here are just a handful to consider:
- Ability to sell alpacas to other breeders
- Sale of products produced from the fiber gathered from your herd
- The sale of stud services from your Machos
- Boarding of alpacas from other breeders on your farm
- Consulting services to new breeders
- Alpacas are fully insurable in order to protect your investment
- Excellent tax relief benefits are available
- Ability to leverage the Dung as a fantastic "green" fertilizer
- Hosting of educational and knowledge exchange seminars at your farm
We find that people actually invest in alpacas for many different reasons. A few include:
- a secondary source of income
- a primary source of income
- something to do as part of a couple's retirement plan
- hand spinners that want a personal fiber source
- people that always wanted to be a "rancher" find the alpaca to be a great livestock animal for the mini farm
- an alternative investment asset when compared to mutual funds or stocks
- have purchased some land and would like the tax benefits associated to having it classified as "agricultural"
- Livestock showmanship competitors find the Alpaca easier to handle in the show ring environment
- they are tired of city life and just want a complete lifestyle change
- the alpaca fiber market is a growing industry and the demand will soon be greater than the demand, enabling tremendous growth opportunities.
Monday, June 13, 2011